Tuesday, September 27, 2011

See Sam Worthington go criminal in Man on a Ledge

Sam Worthington threatens to end it all in the upcoming Man on a Ledge. Does Elizabeth Banks save the day?

Australian actor Sam Worthington is building a career out of playing rough-and-tumble characters in movies like Avatar and Terminator: Salvation. He’s continuing down that path with the upcoming Man on a Ledge, co-starring Elizabeth Banks.

Sam Worthington in Man on a Ledge

In Man on a Ledge, Worthingon is an ex-cop-turned-fugitive who threatens to jump from a ledge of a high-rise building while Banks, a hard-living New York Police Department negotiator, tries to talk him down. As the situation intensifies, she realizes that he might have an ulterior motive. And he does – the suicide attempt is planned to distract the NYPD from a huge diamond heist.

The film – directed by Asger Leth – boasts an A-list cast, including Jamie Bell, Ed Harris, Kyra Sedgewick and Anthony Mackie.

The film is sure to continue Worthington’s ascent into the upper echelons of Hollywood. However, he’s not worried about being a big star.

"I’m not out here to be a star. I’m out here to help tell stories. If you want to be a star, go on Big Brother. I came out here to help the director facilitate his vision, which is to tell these escape stories," he said in a past interview.

"You can write whatever you want about me in websites and newspapers, but no one really knows me. They get the idea that I’m a tough, heroic figure, but I’m a sensitive pussycat. When I do my job, I dive into these characters and try to flush something out of myself into these characters, and hopefully that translates well."

Talented, handsome and humble? We love it!

Watch Sam Worthington and Elizabeth Banks in Man on a Ledge

Man on a Ledge trailer

Man on a Ledge trailer

The film is set for release on January 13, 2012.

Image courtesy Summit Entertainment

Will you see Man on a Ledge?

Source: http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/842685/see-sam-worthington-go-criminal-in-man-on-a-ledge

Vegas Stripper Victoria Beckham Vince Vaughn Washington Rally Wayne David Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment