Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Will Arnett Talks Multi-Tasking, Babies & Being Normal for 'Up All Night'

Filed under: , ,

Will Arnett & his TV baby, 'Up All Night'Curious about 'Up All Night'? You should be, because it's one of the funniest new comedies to come out of an otherwise mediocre sitcom season.

Of course, it's not totally there yet (I voiced some concerns here in my Q&A with star Maya Rudolph), but there's one element of the show that's still making me laugh out loud and root for it to find its legs: the adorable, foul-mouthed, totally realistic couple at the heart of the story.

Regan (Christina Applegate) is a new mom who's readjusting to life back at work, and Chris (Will Arnett) is her supportive husband who quits his cushy job as a lawyer to be a stay-at-home dad. I've said it before, and I'm saying it again -- it's the best, most endearing and most normal I've seen both Applegate and Arnett in a long time (premieres Wed., Sept. 14, 10PM ET on NBC; moves to its regular time Wed., Sept. 21, 8PM ET).

I caught up with Arnett to hear all about his new gig imitating his real life, why his character Chris is nothing like Gob Bluth and some show secrets that are even more under wraps than the plot of that 'Arrested Development' movie.

And speaking of that movie, I'm kind of over speaking about it (just happen already!), so I went for some really advanced scoop and asked him about the eventual 'Up All Night' movie instead. "Great!," he said with a laugh. "Who's playing me?"

He also talked about his ideas for corporate synergy (short answer: all Arnett, all night), working with "talent robot" Jon Hamm for Season 2 of 'Todd Margaret' and tumors ... but not the kind you're thinking of.

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://www.aoltv.com/2011/09/14/will-arnett-interview-up-all-night/

Taylor Swift Tecla Esposito Teen Choice Awards Terry Richardson The Atlantic Wire

No comments:

Post a Comment