Dhundhun
04-29 02:40 AM
I have applied EAD renewal to AZ lock box. It was delivered on Mar 29. I have not got any receipt so far. Also check is not cashed.
Now it is 30 days and I should be able to call USCIS.
I have two questions:
1. Mail was sent with delivery confirmation, which confirms delivery on Mar 29. What if the package is lost there? Could I applying again? How USCIS treats two applications?
2. I have not received any receipt, except I have delivery slip from Post Office. In counting 90 days, is it taken based on receipt or based on Post Office slip?
Thanks a lot.
Now it is 30 days and I should be able to call USCIS.
I have two questions:
1. Mail was sent with delivery confirmation, which confirms delivery on Mar 29. What if the package is lost there? Could I applying again? How USCIS treats two applications?
2. I have not received any receipt, except I have delivery slip from Post Office. In counting 90 days, is it taken based on receipt or based on Post Office slip?
Thanks a lot.
wallpaper Long flower girl#39;s wedding
cchaitu
07-18 03:40 PM
I don't think you are right for first question. AC21 can be invoked if you have applied 485 more than 180 days. Why EAD is related here. You can change the job after 180 days by transferring your H1 to new company. This is the information I have but it is better to verify it from a lawyer.
Can I join new company on my EAD after 180 days of I485 receipt date??
One quick question:
What is AC21 provision: is this a clause or any other application or ????
Can I join new company on my EAD after 180 days of I485 receipt date??
One quick question:
What is AC21 provision: is this a clause or any other application or ????
pom
10-05 02:03 PM
Right on, grey, black and orange/red is just the perfect color scheme... And thanks for allowing me to steal anything I want from you. I wished people did that for me more often...
2011 flower girl hairstyle
andhrawala
02-12 09:56 AM
Mine also moved from NSC to TSC in July 2009. I applied I-485 from CA and moved to OH in 2008. But still OH and CA falls under NSC.
The reason for the transfer might be my I-140 was filed in TSC.
The reason for the transfer might be my I-140 was filed in TSC.
more...
@ndy
05-10 10:43 AM
A lot of lawyers do not charge money for every question you ask if you are their client. You can easily email them and ask questions or post on their intranet. It is part of their service that helps them get more business.
If your employer is their client, then of course the lawyer may not respond to you. Why should he?
My PD is August 2009 , and i seem to loose patience.....I can imagine how those people who have been in this queue from 4-5 years must be feeling........Lets hope for the best :)
If your employer is their client, then of course the lawyer may not respond to you. Why should he?
My PD is August 2009 , and i seem to loose patience.....I can imagine how those people who have been in this queue from 4-5 years must be feeling........Lets hope for the best :)
caforum2
08-24 02:08 PM
I have similar situation and not sure whether I will be able to apply for H1B revalidation..
I filed my i 140 and i 485 on Dec 23rd 2003 under EB3 category. I think my labor was filed under EB3 category. My Priority date is Mid August 2003. After 180 days of filing (around Nov 2004) I left my sponsoring company and joined another company with similar Job responsibility (to avail AC21), But didn't get my H1b transferred to new company. I got married recently and Ofcourse I can't file for my wife's i 485 since I am from India and visa numbers are not available. Can I get my H1Bvisa transferred to new employer if he is willing to sponsor? I got 3 years on H1B left
I filed my i 140 and i 485 on Dec 23rd 2003 under EB3 category. I think my labor was filed under EB3 category. My Priority date is Mid August 2003. After 180 days of filing (around Nov 2004) I left my sponsoring company and joined another company with similar Job responsibility (to avail AC21), But didn't get my H1b transferred to new company. I got married recently and Ofcourse I can't file for my wife's i 485 since I am from India and visa numbers are not available. Can I get my H1Bvisa transferred to new employer if he is willing to sponsor? I got 3 years on H1B left
more...
malibuguy007
10-01 07:06 PM
I sent an email blast to my friends and got the first response already. The person contributing is not a member of the site but understands the issue.
His confirmation number is 86FZ6-TMC55
His confirmation number is 86FZ6-TMC55
2010 flower girl hairstyle,

a_yaja
09-09 12:30 PM
Hello All,
I was in H4 status but currently in AOS Pending Status. Is it possible to request for filing F1 thru my current school while the candidate is in AOS Pending / I-485 Pending Status. I would like to obtain the F1 thru school even though my I-485 is in pending status. Firstly, Is it possible to change the status from AOS Pending to F1. Secondly, what would be the process to obtiant the same.
I would really appreciate your feedback / inputs on this regard.
Thank you,
As gc_check mentioned, check with your school coordinators or an immigration attorney. Changing to F1 might endanger you AOS and your GC. F1 is a non-immigrant visa and does not allow for immigration intent like H1B. Hence moving to F1 from AOS could be construed as abandoning you intent to immigrate, therefore USCIS can deny your I-485. This is just my opinion - so consult a good lawyer.
Secondly, why do you want to convert to F1 when you are on AOS? You should be able to get all the benefits of F1 like TA/ RA, on-campus employment (and off-campus too) if you have an EAD. That would be a safer route for you - if you do not already have an EAD, apply for one and after getting your EAD, apply for SSN. That is the way I would go.
I was in H4 status but currently in AOS Pending Status. Is it possible to request for filing F1 thru my current school while the candidate is in AOS Pending / I-485 Pending Status. I would like to obtain the F1 thru school even though my I-485 is in pending status. Firstly, Is it possible to change the status from AOS Pending to F1. Secondly, what would be the process to obtiant the same.
I would really appreciate your feedback / inputs on this regard.
Thank you,
As gc_check mentioned, check with your school coordinators or an immigration attorney. Changing to F1 might endanger you AOS and your GC. F1 is a non-immigrant visa and does not allow for immigration intent like H1B. Hence moving to F1 from AOS could be construed as abandoning you intent to immigrate, therefore USCIS can deny your I-485. This is just my opinion - so consult a good lawyer.
Secondly, why do you want to convert to F1 when you are on AOS? You should be able to get all the benefits of F1 like TA/ RA, on-campus employment (and off-campus too) if you have an EAD. That would be a safer route for you - if you do not already have an EAD, apply for one and after getting your EAD, apply for SSN. That is the way I would go.
more...
regacct
01-20 12:47 PM
This is the only country in the world which experiences this constant and repeated rebirth. Other countries depend upon the multiplication of their own native people. This country is constantly drinking strength out of new sources by the voluntary association with it of great bodies of strong men and forward-looking women out of other lands. And so by the gift of the free will of independent people it is being constantly renewed from generation to generation by the same process by which it was originally created. �.. We came to America, either ourselves or in the persons of our ancestors, to better the ideals of men, to make them see finer things than they had seen before, to get rid of the things that divide and to make sure of the things that unite. It was but an historical accident no doubt that this great country was called the "United States"; yet I am very thankful that it has that word "United" in its title, and the man who seeks to divide man from man, group from group, interest from interest in this great Union is striking at its very heart. ----Woodrow Wilson
Nearly all Americans have ancestors who braved the oceans�liberty-loving risk takers in search of an ideal�the largest voluntary migrations in recorded history. Across the Pacific, across the Atlantic, they came from every point on the compass�many passing beneath the Statue of Liberty�with fear and vision, with sorrow and adventure, fleeing tyranny or terror, seeking haven, and all seeking hope�Immigration is not just a link to America�s past; it�s also a bridge to America�s future. � George H. W. Bush
I received a letter just before I left office from a man. I don�t know why he chose to write it, but I�m glad he did. He wrote that you can go to live in France, but you can�t become a Frenchman. You can go to live in Germany or Italy, but you can�t become a German, an Italian. He went through Turkey, Greece, Japan and other countries. But he said anyone, from any corner of the world, can come to live in the United States and become an American. � Ronald Reagan
Our attitude toward immigration reflects our faith in the American ideal. We have always believed it possible for men and women who start at the bottom to rise as far as their talent and energy allow. Neither race nor place of birth should affect their chances. � Robert F. Kennedy
Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists. � Franklin D. Roosevelt
Nearly all Americans have ancestors who braved the oceans�liberty-loving risk takers in search of an ideal�the largest voluntary migrations in recorded history. Across the Pacific, across the Atlantic, they came from every point on the compass�many passing beneath the Statue of Liberty�with fear and vision, with sorrow and adventure, fleeing tyranny or terror, seeking haven, and all seeking hope�Immigration is not just a link to America�s past; it�s also a bridge to America�s future. � George H. W. Bush
I received a letter just before I left office from a man. I don�t know why he chose to write it, but I�m glad he did. He wrote that you can go to live in France, but you can�t become a Frenchman. You can go to live in Germany or Italy, but you can�t become a German, an Italian. He went through Turkey, Greece, Japan and other countries. But he said anyone, from any corner of the world, can come to live in the United States and become an American. � Ronald Reagan
Our attitude toward immigration reflects our faith in the American ideal. We have always believed it possible for men and women who start at the bottom to rise as far as their talent and energy allow. Neither race nor place of birth should affect their chances. � Robert F. Kennedy
Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists. � Franklin D. Roosevelt
hair Flowergirl with curly updo and

maddipati1
11-20 07:02 PM
1) You CAN use the AP that is approved while you are out. However someone needs to courier the document to you before you can enter with it. I am doing the same thing with my Law Firm. You do not need the AP in hand to leave the US.
hari,
did your lawyer told you that u can go out of US while AP is still pending?
Krishna is correct. read the I-131 instructions carefully.
i am in the same boat. waiting for AP and trip planned with tight schedule.
hari,
did your lawyer told you that u can go out of US while AP is still pending?
Krishna is correct. read the I-131 instructions carefully.
i am in the same boat. waiting for AP and trip planned with tight schedule.
more...
thomachan72
04-19 07:48 AM
Please change the color or font. Its giving the feeling of getting a slap
Please concenterate on his message. It seems very important to the person who asked the question.
Please concenterate on his message. It seems very important to the person who asked the question.
hot Flower Girl Hair Style
walker15
04-06 06:38 PM
Hi tabletpc,
Sorry to hear that your father is admitted in hospital. Hope everything will be fine.
As a returning H1B employee you are eligible for emergency appt. Eventhough you don't see vacant spots, you should keep logging frequently to grab cancellations(vacant) appts.
FYI: I just browsed and saw many appts available for the month of April for WORKING IN THE USA OPTION.
Good luck
Sorry to hear that your father is admitted in hospital. Hope everything will be fine.
As a returning H1B employee you are eligible for emergency appt. Eventhough you don't see vacant spots, you should keep logging frequently to grab cancellations(vacant) appts.
FYI: I just browsed and saw many appts available for the month of April for WORKING IN THE USA OPTION.
Good luck
more...
house hairstyles for little girls
indigo10
12-03 12:17 PM
My Roommate had attended the HYD consulate on Dec 1st and he took tons of documents with him
At the interview the officer asked to show
Last 1 year paystubs
Asked if he works for a client and had any middle vendor
Client letter
Vendor letter
Agreements between vendor and employer (Asked if he had but did not ask to show)
Asked if the employer started GC processing (He is in 7th year of H1)
He got the stamp successfully.
At the interview the officer asked to show
Last 1 year paystubs
Asked if he works for a client and had any middle vendor
Client letter
Vendor letter
Agreements between vendor and employer (Asked if he had but did not ask to show)
Asked if the employer started GC processing (He is in 7th year of H1)
He got the stamp successfully.
tattoo Flower Girl Hairstyle
suryamnb
12-03 09:41 AM
Friends,
Company A sponsored my GC (PERM & 140 Approved) and soon after 180 day wait period had passed, I moved to company B and started working on EAD.
Now, company B is going to be merged with Company C. Then what will be my status? Do I need to do any thing to keep my GC process alive?
Thanks!
Company A sponsored my GC (PERM & 140 Approved) and soon after 180 day wait period had passed, I moved to company B and started working on EAD.
Now, company B is going to be merged with Company C. Then what will be my status? Do I need to do any thing to keep my GC process alive?
Thanks!
more...
pictures bridal hairstyles
harivenkat
05-06 09:33 PM
Senator Bob Menendez (New Jersey)'s no. is (202) 224-4744
I called him yesterday... his staff is very friendly they take your name and message and pass it on to him,,, today Senator Menendez has chided Obama
Immigration overhaul: Sen. Menendez chides Obama; Sen. Schumer appeals to Arizona governor - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-immigration-20100507,0,1561517.story)
Senator chides Obama as pressure rises on immigration
A Democratic leader says the president must treat the overhaul with more urgency. Schumer writes to the Arizona governor, hoping to delay a controversial state law.
By Peter Nicholas, Tribune Washington Bureau
A key Senate Democratic leader said President Obama must treat the immigration crisis with far more urgency, as pressure over the issue intensified across the country Thursday.
Sen. Robert Menendez of New Jersey, an Obama ally and one of a handful of Democratic senators shaping an immigration proposal presented last week, faulted the president for suggesting on Wednesday that an immigration bill won't be finished until 2011 at the earliest.
"Telling people we're not going to get a legislative solution this year, or to suggest maybe that it's not possible this year, is not in the best interests of the nation," Menendez said in an interview in the Capitol.
At the same time, legislators and activists took steps Thursday to head off policies that they contend unfairly target illegal immigrants. Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) asked Arizona's governor in a letter to delay enactment of a tough new law that criminalizes the failure to carry immigration papers. Schumer also asked for a meeting with the governor, Republican Jan Brewer.
And one Latino advocacy group, unhappy with what it sees as Obama's aggressive deportation practices, said it would attempt to end-run the president. The group said it would send a Mother's Day letter to First Lady Michelle Obama, telling her that deporting people is destructive to families.
The developments reflected mounting frustration over the immigration question. Speaking at a Cinco de Mayo reception in the Rose Garden on Wednesday, Obama promised to "begin work" on an immigration bill this year, but set no deadline for completion.
His press secretary, Robert Gibbs, sounded a more pessimistic note at a briefing Thursday. Asked why the White House doesn't push ahead with an immigration bill as it has with other legislation that lacked a bipartisan consensus, Gibbs said: "Well, because there's not enough support to move forward."
Even if prospects for an immigration overhaul are dwindling, the White House shouldn't give up, proponents insisted. Menendez said he had asked the White House to host a major summit devoted to the issue, modeled after the healthcare summit in February. Invitations would go to House and Senate lawmakers from both parties, with a block of time set aside for hashing out differences.
A White House official who was asked about that idea Thursday said: "We are continuing to examine all of the options for moving forward with a bipartisan conversation."
Always a divisive issue, illegal immigration is generating renewed bitterness on the right and left of the political spectrum. Part of the upheaval springs from the Arizona law. But advocates for Latino interests are also resentful of the Obama administration's enforcement policies.
A memo by the head of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement showed that the agency wants to deport 400,000 people a year � more than double the number in 2005.
Menendez called on the president to order a less punitive approach. Deporting people when "counting is taking place" during the decennial census is "reason alone" for suspending the practice, he said.
In the hope that Michelle Obama might prove a softer touch, the National Alliance of Latin American and Caribbean Communities said it would send a letter to the first lady inviting her to intervene.
Michelle Obama has taken a largely apolitical posture since her husband became president. Choosing sides on such a fraught issue would be out of character, but the alliance is appealing to her "as a mother."
"Deportations have reached record levels under President Obama's administration. For each person deported, there are young children left behind who are denied the right to be cared for by their parents," the letter to Michelle Obama reads.
With Arizona's law scheduled to go into effect in July, Schumer hopes to derail it by convincing Brewer that a better solution is on the horizon.
He asked her to wait one year while Congress puts in place an immigration system that would provide tough border security, a foolproof identification system so that undocumented workers can't get jobs, and a path to legal status for the 11 million people living in the United States illegally.
Delaying the Arizona law would require state legislative action. Arizona officials did not respond to requests for comment.
Conceding that Republican support is lacking in the U.S. Senate, Schumer also asked Brewer to help round up GOP votes, including those of Arizona's two senators, John McCain and Jon Kyl. So far, no Republican lawmaker has agreed to support the effort.
Schumer wrote that a comprehensive immigration bill is the best remedy.
"I simply do not believe the remedy Arizona has enacted will succeed in resolving the problem it is designed to address," he wrote.
I called him yesterday... his staff is very friendly they take your name and message and pass it on to him,,, today Senator Menendez has chided Obama
Immigration overhaul: Sen. Menendez chides Obama; Sen. Schumer appeals to Arizona governor - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-immigration-20100507,0,1561517.story)
Senator chides Obama as pressure rises on immigration
A Democratic leader says the president must treat the overhaul with more urgency. Schumer writes to the Arizona governor, hoping to delay a controversial state law.
By Peter Nicholas, Tribune Washington Bureau
A key Senate Democratic leader said President Obama must treat the immigration crisis with far more urgency, as pressure over the issue intensified across the country Thursday.
Sen. Robert Menendez of New Jersey, an Obama ally and one of a handful of Democratic senators shaping an immigration proposal presented last week, faulted the president for suggesting on Wednesday that an immigration bill won't be finished until 2011 at the earliest.
"Telling people we're not going to get a legislative solution this year, or to suggest maybe that it's not possible this year, is not in the best interests of the nation," Menendez said in an interview in the Capitol.
At the same time, legislators and activists took steps Thursday to head off policies that they contend unfairly target illegal immigrants. Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) asked Arizona's governor in a letter to delay enactment of a tough new law that criminalizes the failure to carry immigration papers. Schumer also asked for a meeting with the governor, Republican Jan Brewer.
And one Latino advocacy group, unhappy with what it sees as Obama's aggressive deportation practices, said it would attempt to end-run the president. The group said it would send a Mother's Day letter to First Lady Michelle Obama, telling her that deporting people is destructive to families.
The developments reflected mounting frustration over the immigration question. Speaking at a Cinco de Mayo reception in the Rose Garden on Wednesday, Obama promised to "begin work" on an immigration bill this year, but set no deadline for completion.
His press secretary, Robert Gibbs, sounded a more pessimistic note at a briefing Thursday. Asked why the White House doesn't push ahead with an immigration bill as it has with other legislation that lacked a bipartisan consensus, Gibbs said: "Well, because there's not enough support to move forward."
Even if prospects for an immigration overhaul are dwindling, the White House shouldn't give up, proponents insisted. Menendez said he had asked the White House to host a major summit devoted to the issue, modeled after the healthcare summit in February. Invitations would go to House and Senate lawmakers from both parties, with a block of time set aside for hashing out differences.
A White House official who was asked about that idea Thursday said: "We are continuing to examine all of the options for moving forward with a bipartisan conversation."
Always a divisive issue, illegal immigration is generating renewed bitterness on the right and left of the political spectrum. Part of the upheaval springs from the Arizona law. But advocates for Latino interests are also resentful of the Obama administration's enforcement policies.
A memo by the head of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement showed that the agency wants to deport 400,000 people a year � more than double the number in 2005.
Menendez called on the president to order a less punitive approach. Deporting people when "counting is taking place" during the decennial census is "reason alone" for suspending the practice, he said.
In the hope that Michelle Obama might prove a softer touch, the National Alliance of Latin American and Caribbean Communities said it would send a letter to the first lady inviting her to intervene.
Michelle Obama has taken a largely apolitical posture since her husband became president. Choosing sides on such a fraught issue would be out of character, but the alliance is appealing to her "as a mother."
"Deportations have reached record levels under President Obama's administration. For each person deported, there are young children left behind who are denied the right to be cared for by their parents," the letter to Michelle Obama reads.
With Arizona's law scheduled to go into effect in July, Schumer hopes to derail it by convincing Brewer that a better solution is on the horizon.
He asked her to wait one year while Congress puts in place an immigration system that would provide tough border security, a foolproof identification system so that undocumented workers can't get jobs, and a path to legal status for the 11 million people living in the United States illegally.
Delaying the Arizona law would require state legislative action. Arizona officials did not respond to requests for comment.
Conceding that Republican support is lacking in the U.S. Senate, Schumer also asked Brewer to help round up GOP votes, including those of Arizona's two senators, John McCain and Jon Kyl. So far, no Republican lawmaker has agreed to support the effort.
Schumer wrote that a comprehensive immigration bill is the best remedy.
"I simply do not believe the remedy Arizona has enacted will succeed in resolving the problem it is designed to address," he wrote.
dresses flower girl, the hairstyle

engineer
07-16 07:14 PM
Argument:
Due to un-availability of revised bulletin, if NSC approves i485 and issues AP and EAD, they cannot cancel it..as they have not used any visa # at this time ? Am I correct ?
Due to un-availability of revised bulletin, if NSC approves i485 and issues AP and EAD, they cannot cancel it..as they have not used any visa # at this time ? Am I correct ?
more...
makeup affordable flower girl dresses
rajenk
11-18 05:51 PM
Team, My Labor is filed under PERM was Audited and now approved.
For, Qualification it says Bachelor + No Experience
However, in Skills section it says 5 years of experience in Software Development (.NET).
I got Audited and was required to provide Business Justification for 5 years experience for software developer position.
Can this be applied in EB2?
Thanks!
No body answered the OP. I will try to answer it.
I think you are risking applying for EB2. I have had a very bad experience with attorney mishaps. You will be better off applying for EB3.
If the qualification in labor was stated as Bachelor + 5 years in all places that would get you qualify straight to EB2
For, Qualification it says Bachelor + No Experience
However, in Skills section it says 5 years of experience in Software Development (.NET).
I got Audited and was required to provide Business Justification for 5 years experience for software developer position.
Can this be applied in EB2?
Thanks!
No body answered the OP. I will try to answer it.
I think you are risking applying for EB2. I have had a very bad experience with attorney mishaps. You will be better off applying for EB3.
If the qualification in labor was stated as Bachelor + 5 years in all places that would get you qualify straight to EB2
girlfriend wedding hairstyles flower

Administrator2
12-05 04:22 PM
Here is a link to update your profile - you could pick a new state of residence.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile
Hope this answers your question.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile
Hope this answers your question.
hairstyles Flower Girl Diamond Hairstyle
LostInGCProcess
01-02 10:29 AM
Hello All,
Just curious and needed your opinion. My wife has a valid H4 status until 2010 (no visa but petition approved). She used her EAD card for all of 5 days about a year ago and then has not worked since then. I am confused if I need to apply for renewal of her EAD to maintain her legal status in the country considering having used EAD for 5 days might have triggered her out of H4 status. Any thoughts on this? Do i need to renew her EAD to maintain her legal status in the country even with a valid H4 petition until 2010? We also have 485 petition filed and pending over 180 days. I am wondering if it is required for a person with 485 pending for over 180 days to always maintain a valid EAD card even though they are not employeed. Thank you all in advance.
No you don't have to renew EAD to maintain AOS. EAD is one of the benefits (or privilege) you get while your GC application (I-485) is pending. If the person is not going to work, there is no need to renew EAD. Also, same for AP. If you don't intend to travel, no need to renew AP each and every year.
Just curious and needed your opinion. My wife has a valid H4 status until 2010 (no visa but petition approved). She used her EAD card for all of 5 days about a year ago and then has not worked since then. I am confused if I need to apply for renewal of her EAD to maintain her legal status in the country considering having used EAD for 5 days might have triggered her out of H4 status. Any thoughts on this? Do i need to renew her EAD to maintain her legal status in the country even with a valid H4 petition until 2010? We also have 485 petition filed and pending over 180 days. I am wondering if it is required for a person with 485 pending for over 180 days to always maintain a valid EAD card even though they are not employeed. Thank you all in advance.
No you don't have to renew EAD to maintain AOS. EAD is one of the benefits (or privilege) you get while your GC application (I-485) is pending. If the person is not going to work, there is no need to renew EAD. Also, same for AP. If you don't intend to travel, no need to renew AP each and every year.
sobers
03-29 04:06 PM
This should provide some food for thought for any standalone bill for skilled, legal immigrant reform, if it comes to that.
With the contrbutions high skilled (EB) immigrants make to the country's innovation and competitveness, the much needed science and math skills they bring, and the high taxes they pay, it is clear such immigrants are a net gain to the economy.
=--------------
WALL STREET JOURNAL
March 27, 2006, 3:10 pm
The Numbers Behind the Numbers
As Congress debates legislation that would double the number of visas available for highly-skilled workers, Census officials release numbers highlighting contributions by Asian-born immigrants to the U.S. economy.
Of the 14 million Asians in the U.S., half of those over age 25 have at least a bachelor�s degree and 20% have a master�s degree or higher � the highest education level of any racial group.
Median family income, at $57,500, also is the highest, with half of Asian Indians earning $69,000 or more. Asians owned 1.1 million owned businesses in 2004, up 24% since 1997, the Census Bureau fact sheet said.
High tech executives have been lobbying heavily for an increase in the visa cap for high-skill workers, a majority of whom are Asians. All four versions of the immigration bill now before the Senate would double the number of so-called H1B temporary visas to 115,000 and also double the number of employment-based green cards to 290,000. Exemptions from those limits for students currently working on science and technology degrees in the U.S. � most of whom also are Asian � would increase high-skilled immigration still further if any of the bills becomes law.
�June Kronholz
With the contrbutions high skilled (EB) immigrants make to the country's innovation and competitveness, the much needed science and math skills they bring, and the high taxes they pay, it is clear such immigrants are a net gain to the economy.
=--------------
WALL STREET JOURNAL
March 27, 2006, 3:10 pm
The Numbers Behind the Numbers
As Congress debates legislation that would double the number of visas available for highly-skilled workers, Census officials release numbers highlighting contributions by Asian-born immigrants to the U.S. economy.
Of the 14 million Asians in the U.S., half of those over age 25 have at least a bachelor�s degree and 20% have a master�s degree or higher � the highest education level of any racial group.
Median family income, at $57,500, also is the highest, with half of Asian Indians earning $69,000 or more. Asians owned 1.1 million owned businesses in 2004, up 24% since 1997, the Census Bureau fact sheet said.
High tech executives have been lobbying heavily for an increase in the visa cap for high-skill workers, a majority of whom are Asians. All four versions of the immigration bill now before the Senate would double the number of so-called H1B temporary visas to 115,000 and also double the number of employment-based green cards to 290,000. Exemptions from those limits for students currently working on science and technology degrees in the U.S. � most of whom also are Asian � would increase high-skilled immigration still further if any of the bills becomes law.
�June Kronholz
pa_arora
12-04 02:04 PM
Hehe....sorry, it was not meant for you specifically......that was in general :)...agree....it will be at least an year, if not years, before we see our greens.
:-), 'year' and not 'years' is hope and optimism.
good luck to all.
:-), 'year' and not 'years' is hope and optimism.
good luck to all.
No comments:
Post a Comment