Sunday, October 23, 2011

Regis Philbin Hints Contract Talks Led to 'Live!' Departure, Insists He's Not Retiring

Filed under: ,

Regis PhilbinRegis Philbin is not retiring, he's just moving on from 'Live! With Regis and Kelly.' The legendary talk show host called Detroit's Mojo in the Morning radio show to set those rumors straight.

"I'm not calling it quits, you understand," he said. "I'm moving on. I'm not retiring. I'm not quitting. I'm moving on."

Philbin is leaving his 'Live!' post after 28 years with the morning program on Fri., Nov. 18. However, he seems to be painting a picture that it wasn't exactly a mutual split. When asked if contract talks had a hand in his exit, Philbin didn't exactly deny the rumors.

"The contractual issue just never worked out," he said, "but I was going to leave before that anyway."

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://www.aoltv.com/2011/10/21/regis-philbin-contract-departure/

Jeff Daniels Jennifer Aniston Jennifer Lopez Jessica Alba Jet Li

No comments:

Post a Comment