Monday, August 10, 2009

There's No Crying In Baseball

Times I wanted to cry this weekend:

- When I met my boy and Wall of Fame Member Darnell Jackson, and he autographed my piece of the court from the 2008 Final Four.

- When I was crossing the street and looked behind me to see how close an oncoming car was, then turned back around and stepped on a fresh piece of roadkill. It was a really big possum or something and its tongue was sticking out and it looked like it was looking at me and ewwwww get it off get it off get it off!

- When I threw a 2-hit, complete game shutout with Josh Beckett on Playstation, all but assuring him the Cy Young Award in his last start of the year, and somehow the game didn't save. (Twins fans, you'll be happy to know that Scott Baker ended up winning the Cy.)

- About 14 different times during the Red Sox/Yankees series (in real life, not Playstation)....to narrow it down, I'll go with when A-Rod hit a walk-off in the 15th inning to break a scoreless tie. It's the double-edged sword of the Doucheberry: a nice enough phone to have the internet to bring me this information at 1 in the morning, but too nice of a phone to whip against the wall when said information is an A-Rod walkoff.


Times Alex actually did cry this weekend:

- While watching one of those little ESPN puff pieces about the high school wrestler with no legs.

- When Dumbledore died in the latest Harry Potter movie. Spoiler alert!

No comments:

Post a Comment