Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A New Low?

Sooooo first thing yesterday morning, one of the M.O.M Squad comes strolling into my office and drops this little line on me. FYI, this quote is verbatim. I know it is because it has been repeatedly bouncing around in my head and wreaking havoc on my already delicate self esteem for nearly 24 hours now.


"So we've had this apple pie sitting around my house and no one was eating it but me, and I know my waistline doesn't need that right now, hahahahaha. So last night I thought to myself, I need someone to take a ridiculously large piece out of this pie to help me out. I mean like, I need half of this pie to disappear by 5 o'clock. And I immediately thought of you. So now you've got dessert for your lunch today. Enjoy!"


At first I was little offended. Then I was kind of hungry. And after I finished my lunch, I did indeed crush half of her home-made apple pie. And then I shut my office door, buried my head in my hands and cried a little bit, trying to be as quiet as possible so nobody could hear me. But dammit, that pie was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment