Friday, July 29, 2011

Freida Pinto's wedding plans

Rise of the Planet of the Apes" star Freida Pinto is feeling the pressure to make it official with her longtime boyfriend, Dev Patel -- but it's coming from an unlikely source.
On Thursday's "Tonight Show," Jay Leno pointedly asked the lovely actress, who first made it big in the Oscar-winning "Slumdog Millionaire," about her plans. "Now I know some Indian families are very conservative. Is there pressure to marry?"
"No! Dev's 21! My family, they're very supportive of everything I do and they want me to do whatever I want to do.... If I do get married one fine day, which I know I will, they'll be happy for me. There's no pressure," she said, then jokingly asked,"Which Indian family did you meet?"
While Pinto is unlikely to be walking down the aisle soon, there was a time not so long ago when planning weddings was something she wanted to do -- for a living.
Before her breakthrough in "Slumdog Millionaire," Pinto devised a backup plan in case the whole acting thing didn't work out. She loves to organize things, so she thought: "OK, great. I'll become a wedding planner. Plus wedding planning's not really big in India so I thought I'd like to capitalize on it. That didn't take off, and I don't think it'll ever take off."
Fortunately for Pinto, Plan A worked out pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment