Friday, November 12, 2010

Pourin' Like An Avalanche Comin' Down A Mountain

>> The latest song to infiltrate and subsequently dominate my brain: a bluegrass version of 'Jump' by Van Halen. When I first heard it in a bar a few weeks ago, I was instantly smitten, and went straight home to download it that night. Then, after I listened to it up close a few times, I was vascillating between "This is the best song I've heard all year" and "This is the most gawd-awful piece of shit song EVER." Now I am solidly on board. This song is awesome. Although I think it could possibly be better as an instrumental, if David Lee Roth wasn't doing his David Lee Roth thing and David Lee Rothing it all up. Either way, one of my favorite songs of 2010.


>> It's been well documented that my friends are dicks. No real surprises there. Currently, Jud and Lane are spearheading a crusade to fill up my Facebook wall with messages implying that something is seriously wrong with my health- because they think it's funny when people take those seriously and comment with things like ''OMG! Are you OK? What happened?'' And even though virtually nobody is joining in on the joke, they haven't given up yet. Just the latest example in a long line of dickish moves.

So when I received a package in the mail from Morley the other day, I was instantly skeptical. I was still a bit wary from the last time I received a package from a friend, and my roommate and I spent a solid ten minutes analyzing the box, trying to determine if it was an Ice or some other kind of prank. When I opened it and saw it was a framed picture of us at the Chiefs game from when he and Fundy visited in September, I was just like "Oh. That's unexpected."

Moral of the story: if I'm surprised when a friend gives me an actual present in the mail, it might be time for new friends.


Later Skaters. Have a good weekend. Free Selby!


No comments:

Post a Comment