Saturday, January 16, 2010

A day of dreaming of Fashion and Paris.




It was my first time ever being in Lucie’s apartment, before we had only met at restaurants and shooting locations. I discovered Lucie about a year ago when she contacted the agency for girls. I was impressed by her work and interested in the fact that she was a new and upcoming photographer from France. Her place was full of interesting toys and trinkets that showed a very playful side to her. When you first walk in you see a huge sewing table, where she claims that only her husband knows how to sew. He sews and makes his own pants!! Which I still thought to be pretty impressive, and on the wall opposite to that were several surfboards.

We sat across from each other and talked of fashion and how the industry is doing right now. She encouraged my thoughts of going to London for Fashion Week next go around. “There is more work here than there is in London and Paris.” she said as she started to open a small brown box. “It seems as though there are fewer jobs there, but even more people who need and want them.” When she opened the box I saw that it was full of chocolate truffles. I thought to myself “Oh great, here goes eating healthy today.” The chocolates were from her hometown Albi, France. I am telling you with all honesty that it was truly the best chocolate I have ever had in my life. I did manage to gain self-control, but seriously… I could have eaten the entire box. Recently she has been getting published in several of the online magazines that are out there now.
This led to us debating the pros and cons of the existence of online magazines, or lack of. For me there is nothing like buying the newest issue of my favorite magazines and turning the pages and having it in my hands. It’s yours to keep and you can truly admire it for what its worth and all the talent found inside. The words that are printed that will always be there, not to be lost in cyberspace. It’s easy for anyone to just start their own online magazine and call it whatever and put whoever they want in it. The good thing is that more people will see it if its online. With the economy being as bad as it is I am seeing magazines disappearing one by one. Enough of that though this is a topic that could go on forever and we all know all about it already.

I was having my usual afternoon coffee cravings so we left her place and walked to the nearest coffee shop. It was such a pretty day. There was a nice breeze in the air and it was only 75 degrees out. As we were walking I noticed her bag and flipped out! It was the Denim version of the Brenda bag by Alexander Wang. I remember seeing it in black and loving it, as I do all of his bags, but I had never seen it in denim before. I loved it.

I could go on forever but I’ll spare you from all of the rambling…



Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment